Mitchell Long, LOS ANGELES CA
Guitarist and singer Mitchell Long is an internationally acclaimed concert performer, veteran studio musician and confident band leader with four decades experience in the music industry.
A creative force in Jazz, Blues and other popular North American styles; Classic Rock, Pop, Folk, R&B and Soul, Long is also well known for his vast experience of multi-lingual singing and playing of Brazilian, Cape Verdean, Angolan and other world music traditions.
Recent credits include extensive touring or recording for jazz chanteuse Melody Gardot since 2012, recording with Herb Alpert, recording and touring with Waldemar Bastos and appearances with Carol Welsman and Keiko Matsui.
* Featured on both Herb Alpert's recent releases; Catch The Wind and On The Sunny Side Of The Street
* Featured on Lani Hall's new record: Seasons Of Love
* Recording Cavaquinho with Gloria Estefan on her newest release Brazil305
* Long relationship recording and touring worldwide with Melody Gardot for 8 years (2012-2019)
* Touring and recording since 2007 with Waldemar Bastos - first credit together on “The Name Of Love: Africa Celebrates U2” The subsequent recording "Classics of my Soul" features the London Symphony Orchestra.
* Several performances in concert as guitarist for the highly acclaimed pianist and composer Keiko Matsui
* Featured guitarist and singer on tour with Polish superstar Anna Maria Jopek and her band of virtuoso musicians.
* 2017 performance at "Rock in Rio" with Melody Gardot and Brazil's Maria Rita.
* In 2016 and 2017, extensive work begins with Polish singer Monika Borzym co-arranging, recording and touring the record (Gold) “Back to the Garden” (in tribute to Joni Mitchell) ...continued work with Monika on musical interpretations of Anna Świrszczyńska's poems - a Polish poet associated with the generation of the Warsaw Uprising. The album (Featured with John Scofield) was released on the occasion of the 73rd anniversary of the outbreak of the Warsaw Uprising.
NOTABLE CREDITS AND RECENT NEWS...
* In 2016 completed a tour of Japan with Brazilian singer-songwriter Pierre Aderne and an all-star group featuring Pierre, Melody Gardot, Brazilian bass legend Dadi and the great Phillippe Baden Powell play Piano and guitar.
* Featured playing acoustic and electric guitar on Natasha Agrama's September 2017 debut "The Heart of Infinite Change" with Stanley Clark, George Duke, Vinnie Colaiuta and Doug Webb.
* 2018 work in Los Angeles with pianist Ruslan Sirota. The world class band has featured fusion jazz luminaries Gary Novak and Jimmy Haslip.
* 2017 - rejoined on Radio and in concert with punk rock icon Zander Schloss, playing music from his recent all original self released record of "soft core" Americana songs.
* Appearances as guitarist and singer with the Too Marvelous Trio a theatrical and musical tribute to the great Nat King Cole. The group also features on occasion the highly acclaimed singer and actor Keith David.
* Work in the US and abroad in recordings or concert performance with many musical heroes Dr Lonnie Smith, Herbie Mann, and Claudio Roditi, Sergio Mendes, Vinx, Maria de Barros, Julia Fordham, Low And Sweet Orchestra, Sandra Booker, Molly Ringwald, Samba Society, Too Marvelous Trio, Patrice Quinn, Munyungo Jackson and Carol Wellsman.